No. of Seats 216 (UR: 110, SC: 32, ST: 16, OBC: 58) *
This three-year degree course is truly multidisciplinary in nature and gives knowledge of Social Sciences, Biological & Physical sciences in addition to all the five areas of Home Science namely: Communication & Extension, Fabric & Apparel Designing, Food & Nutrition, Human Development and Resource Management. Students from both Science and Arts streams are eligible for the course. In the first two years the students study the subjects from all the five areas of Home Science but in their third-year, they choose an elective subject for specialization based on merit and interest. At the culmination of the course, the students can either seek jobs directly or opt for Master's programmes in Home Science, Social Work, Management or else PG Diploma courses in various fields. Those desirous of joining the teaching profession can opt for B.Ed.
Minimum Eligibility Requirement for Admission
A candidate must have obtained at least 40% in the aggregate of following subjects:
English plus three papers from Science, Home Science, Commerce or Social Science streams.
The candidates should further note that:
Fine Arts, Music, Dance and Physical Education will not be considered.
It is essential to have cleared English.
A candidate must have passed any of the following:
- School Certificate examination (12 years course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- Pre-University Examination Science (two years course after 10 years of schooling) of an Indian University recognized by the University of Delhi.
- Inter-Science Examination of an Indian University or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12 Years Course) of the Council of Indian School Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate of Education of the U.K.-Pass in five subjects at Ordinary Level including three subjects mentioned above and at least two subjects out of three listed above at the Advanced Level.
Note: Students who are placed in the compartment in one subject at the Senior School Secondary Examination (12 years course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education and the course offered by University of Delhi substituted in lieu of Pre-Medical course shall submit detailed marks. While determining their position vis-a-vis other students, the marks obtained by them in the subjects passed plus the minimum marks required for passing the subject in which a compartment has been obtained, will be taken into consideration for accounting of the aggregate marks in the examination. The admission of these students, if made, will be provisional, subject to passing the compartment examination in the first attempt.
Note: All admissions will be made strictly in order of merit on the basis of aggregate marks secured in English (core or elective) and three subjects taken for eligibility from the subjects mentioned above, directly on provisional basis. The admission will be confirmed by the University Admission Committee later.
* Subject to Change