Rules and Regulations

The Institute of Home Economics is governed by the rules and regulations laid down by the University of Delhi.

1.Internal Assessment

Semester mode:

25% marks in each Theory paper are assigned for internal assessment & the remaining 75% for the semester end examination. The 25% marks of internal assessment are calculated as follows:
10% from assignment
10% from test/quiz

5% for attendance calculated as follows:
• 85% and above - 5 marks
• 80% or more but less than 85% - 4 marks
• 75% or more but less than 80% — 3 marks
• 70% or more but less than 75% - 2 marks
• 67% but less than 70% - 1 mark

FYUP

25% marks in each Theory paper are assigned for internal assessment & the remaining 75% for the semester end examination. The 25% marks of internal assessment are calculated as follows:
10% from quiz
15% from presentation

2. Attendance

Every student should have a minimum required attendance of 75% in each subject, separately in theory, practical and tutorial by the end of each academic year. Any student who has been ill, should submit a medical certificate for the period of illness to the Class Advisor immediately on joining the college.

The attendance will be displayed on the notice board at the end of every term. Students can also check their attendance by accessing the college website. In case of sickness, students will be granted sick leave on production of medical certificate from civil surgeon/registered medical practitioner but this will not affect the rules regarding minimum attendance. Medical certificates will be excluded while calculating credit towards marks to be awarded. Students who do not fulfill the required attendance will not be allowed to appear for the final semester end examinations.

3. Leave

Any student wishing to absent herself from the Institute must submit an application on the prescribed form available from the Institute office in advance. If the leave is asked on medical grounds, a medical certificate should be submitted. However, leave sanctioned does not condone attendance. Application for leave on medical grounds for the half-yearly examination days (applicable for annual mode) must be made either in advance or on the date of the examination on which the student is unable to appear due to sickness. Application for leave received after the examination is over will not be considered. Applications not made in proper form and not bearing the signature of the guardian/parent will not be entertained.

 

4. Promotion/Examination

Promotion is regulated by the University rules.

5. Withdrawal

A student who wishes to leave the Institute must apply in writing to the Director with her application countersigned by her guardian/parent. All fees, fines and other dues will be charged up to the end of the Term in which the formal withdrawal takes place. In case a student drops out without such a formal withdrawal, her security deposit will be forfeited and adjusted towards the dues. No claim for refund of security will be entertained later.

6. Removal

The Director has the power to strike off the name of a student who is grossly irregular in attendance or is not amenable to Institute discipline or is unfit for the course chosen by her.

7. Identity Card

Since the entire college procedures are computerized the students are issued an RFID card at the time of admission. This card is valid for the entire period of study in the college & must be brought by the student every day. It serves as an identity card as well as the library cardfor issue of books from the library. The fee for Identity card is not refundable in case of withdrawal of admission.

8. Discipline

The students are expected to respect the college rules and maintain discipline in the campus both inside and outside the classrooms. At the time of admission every student shall be required to sign a declaration that on admission she submits herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the college/University authorities during her tenure. The students must note the following :

(a) Cellular phones: Cellular phones must be switched off during classes. Cellular phones cannot be carried into the examination hall.

(b) Regularity: All the students who are enrolled at the institute are pursuing a full time course and are not allowed to undertake any unpaid or paid commitments/assignments outside the college.

(c) Ragging: Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited within the premises of the college or any part of the University system or in public transport. Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging will amount to gross indiscipline and shall be dealt with as per University ordinance XVB.

A discipline committee is constituted in the college comprising of senior faculty members who monitor the discipline every day as well as during the various events in the college.

The institute has provision for granting free ship to students on the basis of merit and means. The students desirous of availing free ship must collect the forms from the office and submit the completed forms by the end of the first term.

9. Fines

The college believes that academics and co-curricular activities go hand in hand for all round development of the personality. Therefore all the students are required to be present for the various events in the college. Students who absent themselves from the college on Founder's Day, Sports day or during the cultural events shall have to pay the stipulated fine. In case any student is sick, medical leave will be granted on production of medical certificate from a registered practitioner either before or on the day in question.

10. Weekly Assembly

An assembly of students and faculty is conducted once or twice a week in the college foyer. It is here that important announcements are made by the Director, faculty members and students’ council members. Special assemblies are also held on important days such as Independence Day and Teacher's Day. All the students are expected to attend the assembly.

11. Advisory System

The Institute has a unique advisory system wherein each student is assigned to an advisor who is a member of the faculty. The advisors meet the students periodically to brief them about important issues. In case any student has any academic or personal problem, she is welcome to approach the advisor. All leave applications of the student must be countersigned by the advisor. The medical certificate of the student, if any, has to be deposited with the advisor.

12. Health

In case any student suffers from specific health problem or chronic health disorder, it needs to be conveyed to the Institute by the parents/guardians.

13. Personal belongings

The students are advised not to bring large sums of money, jewelry or other valuables to the Institute. They should be careful about their personal belongings and have the option of using lockers available in the college. Attempts are made to return the lost property if found by peons, cleaners etc., the college however takes no responsibility in the matter.

14. Free-ships

The Institute has provision for granting free ship to students on the basis of merit and means. The students desirous of availing free ship must collect the forms from the office and submit the completed forms by the end of the first term.

15. Security Money

Students must claim security money within one year of completing graduation.