No. of Seats: 31 (UR: 16, SC: 5, ST: 2, OBC: 8)
The Institute of Home Economics is one of the five colleges of the University of Delhi to offer this prestigious course from the academic year 2007-08 to cater to the growing demand of professionals in Biochemistry and allied areas. The Course is multi-disciplinary in nature including theory and rigorous practical work to equip the students in various aspects of the subject. On completion of the course the students can opt for post-graduate programmes from premier institutes within the country and abroad besides opting for academics, research or being placed in the industry.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Admission
A candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in Physics/Math, Chemistry, and Biology/Bio-technology at any one of the following examinations
- Senior School certificate examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- Indian School Certificate (12 years) of the Council of Indian School Examination, New Delhi.
- Intermediate, Pre-medical examination (2 years after class X)
- General Certificate of Education, Examination of U.K.
Pass in five subjects at Ordinary level and at least in two subjects at Advanced level. These two advanced level courses may be either chosen from among the ordinary level subjects or from outside this group as prescribed by the University of Delhi.
- Any other examination recognized as equivalent to any of the aforesaid examinations.
Wherever the G.C.E. certificate indicates the grades, it will be treated at par with the grades of Indian School Certificate examination for purpose of admission requirements.
Note: All admissions will be made strictly in order of merit on the basis of aggregate marks secured in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology/Bio-technology directly on provisional basis. The admission will be confirmed later by the University Admission Committee.