No. of Seats 92 (UR: 45, SC: 14, ST: 7, OBC: 25)
The course is truly multidisciplinary in nature and gives knowledge of Social Sciences, Biological & Physical Sciences in addition to all the five areas of Home Science namely: Development Communication & Extension, Fabric & Apparel Science, Food & Nutrition, Human Development and Resource Management. The students are exposed to all the five areas of Home Science in the first year. In the second year, they choose an area of specialization based on merit & interest out of five areas of Home Science and undergo theoretical as well as practical training. Field Visits community work and field placement are a part and parcel of this programme.
At the completion of the course, student can opt for a Master’s degree in Home Science, Social Work, Mass Communication, Development Studies, Human resource Management (HRM), PG diploma in Dietetics, Fashion Designing, Counselling, and Entrepreneurship Development etc. Those desirous of teaching profession can opt for B.Ed.
Minimum Eligibility Requirement for Admission
A candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in the aggregate of any three of the following subjects at +2 level (at least one subject should be from Group A)
- Home Science
- Computer Science/Information Technology/Web Designing
It is essential to have cleared English.
- The candidate must have passed with the above percentage, any one of the following examinations:
- Senior School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12 Years) of the Council of Indian School Examination, New Delhi.
- Intermediate, Pre-Medical Examination (2 years after class X)
- General Certificate of Education, Examination of U.K. - Pass in five subjects at Ordinary Level and at least in two subjects at Advanced Level. These two Advanced Level Courses may either be chosen from among five Ordinary Level subjects or from outside this group as prescribed by the University of Delhi.
Any other examination recognized as equivalent to any of the aforesaid examinations.
Note: All admissions will be made strictly in order of merit on the basis of aggregate marks secured in the subjects as mentioned above directly on provisional basis. The admission will be confirmed by the University Admission Committee later.